Saturday, March 14, 2015

Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb


Price: $5.95 at Lush

I love Lush.  There wasn't a Lush near me in my hometown, but I moved away in December and to my delight, I found a Lush within 10 miles of my apartment.  So, expect many Lush reviews.  Let's get started!
This little pink thing is called the Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb and it's out for Easter 2015.  I believe this is a returner as some reviews say it's gotten smaller this year than it was in the past.  But a little preface for those of you not familiar with Lush's bath bombs: these are scented items that fizz in your tub and usually turn the water a pretty color and have essential oils that are good for your skin.  If you want to see more, just go to youtube and look up "Lush bath bomb demo".  Trust me, I've spent hours looking at demos, it's unhealthy.

On to Fluffy Egg!  The ingredients are as follows:  
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Synthetic Musk, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Red 27, Red 33, Red 4, Candy Flowers (Sucrose, Corn Starch, Blue 1, Red 40, Yellow 5, & Yellow 6).
Lush describes this bath bomb as "sweet, cotton candy baths".  I, however, did not get cotton candy out of this.  I smelled more of like a tart smartie scent.  It was sweet, but it also smelled like if I licked the water, it would be a little bit sour.  

As you can tell from the number of red ingredients, this is meant to turn your water pink.  Now the picture below doesn't do it justice as my camera isn't the greatest in artificial lights, so I did increase the contrast.  I can only describe it as similar to the medium pink starburst.  If you want to see better lighting, I suggest looking at this demo by Strikapose (it's only 27 seconds long and it gives you a better view of the color). 

As is always a concern, this bath bomb did not dye my tub.  In fact, none of the bath bombs I've used from Lush have dyed my tub yet.  I've heard the purple ones MIGHT, but that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser gets it right off your tub.  So if you try this and see a pink tint (which I don't think you will, but stranger things have happened), pick up that magic eraser and you'll be good to go.

All in all, it wasn't what I was expecting since I thought it would be more cotton candy scented.  I would say that I would buy this again, but I'd split it in half and add butterball (another bath bomb that I'm sure I will be reviewing eventually) to make it smell less sour/tart.


I give this bath bomb 6 out of 10 fizzes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment