Thursday, March 5, 2015

Temptations Snacky Mouse







Price: $5.99 at Target






This comes with Temptations chicken treats and can be refilled with any Temptations treats, which are easily found at Target and Walmart and plenty of other pet stores.  Now, I got this little treat puzzle toy because my cat was having anxiety when I left for work.  So, everyday before I left, I'd put the recommended number of treats in this toy (10 for a 10 pound cat) and she'd bat it and get her treats while I snuck out the door.  Now, she expects me to put treats in here the minute I wake up.  It's become less of a neat toy and more of a necessity for my cat.  But as any pet parent knows, we'll do anything to make our little furballs happy.




To Use:
Twist the mouse's head off (that sounds so bad), and fill the mouse's body with treats.  I would say one treat per pound of cat.  Twist the mouse's head back on and give it to your cat.  Simple.






Pros:

  • Chubby (my cat) loves the treats
  • She figured out how to get treats out relatively easily
  • Easy to fill
  • Treats are inexpensive
Cons:

  • It's so easy to get treats out, Chubby has all ten in her stomach by the time I get my car keys
  • Ingredients of Temptations treats (read on below)




The treats I like to give Chubby this time of year are the Temptations hairball control chicken flavor.  To be completely honest, I've never given Chubby treats before.  I have her on a specific diet of Fromm's dry food because I like the list of ingredients.  I do not like Temptations' ingredients.
Active Ingredient: Each 400 mg treat contains 31 mg of petrolatum.
Other Ingredients: chicken by-product meal, ground corn, brewers rice, dried meat by-products, animal fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), wheat flower, natural flavor, powdered cellulose, corn gluten meal, plain dried beet pulp, vegetable oil (preserved with bha/bht), salt, etc.)

I will be on the look out for other treats that will fit in this little mouse (I've heard good things about greenies).

VERDICT
If you buy the Temptations Snacky Mouse, don't feel required to fill it with Temptations treats.  


No comments:

Post a Comment