Sunday, May 8, 2016

April Faves

It's been a while since my last update and I've been trying different products in hopes of finding new faves to share with you guys!  In April, I didn't find any new beauty products that I couldn't live without, but I did find other items that are new (at least new to me) that I highly recommend to all of my friends.  


Downy Unstopables scent booster for $5.99 at Target


First, while I hear my laundry flipping around in the dryer, I have to suggest getting these scent boosters.  I've tried so many from Gain to Downy and almost everything in between.  I just picked up a new tub, this time in Downy's scent Shimmer, and I had to share.  These are great, especially for gym clothes and blankets.  I love lying down at night and wrapping up in a fresh scented blanket.  They're great and come in many different scents.  My only issue is I wish they would have a scratch and sniff sticker on the front.  I had no idea what Shimmer was supposed to smell like, but it's not bad.  Pretty fresh and lightly floral.  


Oak & Rye wax cubes in Ambered Lavender for $2.89 at Kroger

I don't have the website for this, I tried to find it and I had no luck.  Either way, I found these wax cubes at my local Kroger and I've been loving a number of their scents.  The one that I've repurchased three times is ambered lavender.  I'm obsessed with lavender scents, especially when I'm having trouble sleeping and needing to be up early in the morning.  These wax cubes are great because I find the scents last a lot longer than other brands I've used (ranging from the wax cubes found in Kohl's to the ones sold at Walmart).  This particular scent is just so comforting and not sickly floral.  I even picked this up for Mother's Day and my mom loves it as well.  Next time you're at Kroger, see if your local Kroger sells Oak & Rye wax cubes.  Even if you don't like lavender, they have other great options, this one just happens to be my personal favorite


Oatifix fresh face mask for $7.99 at Lush

The skin on my face has gone through a drastic change since I started going to the gym and sweating off the weight.  Now, my cheeks are so dry and flaky, I've had to change up my entire skincare routine.  One of my favorite face masks is Oatifix.  I will warn you, some people loathe this scent.  I personally think it either smells like cookie dough or vanilla banana, which would make sense since it's made of vanilla, banana, almonds, and oats.  The exfoliation it provides is sufficient to erase flaky skin, but not too harsh.  My skin is so sensitive, I can't use Ocean Salt or even the famous Apricot Scrub without literally having spots of blood show up.  This face mask is gentle enough that it doesn't irritate my skin.  This is one of the fresh face masks, so it's only available in stores and not online.  So smell the metal bowls of it before you buy it so that you know the scent isn't too much for you.



White and Elm rose and argan oil for $28 at White & Elm
Aura Cacia Argan Oil for $11.02 at Amazon


As I said in the face mask review, my skin has completely transformed from being combination to being entirely dry.  I first decided to go the facial oil route after watching Tati on youtube.  She doesn't ever recommend these exact products, but we have different skin and I thought these would be great for me.  I originally went to my local Rainbow Blossom and picked up the Aura Cacia Argan Oil.  It's not the greatest smelling thing in the world, but I do love the pump.  I pump it straight onto my cheeks before bed and before my moisturizer after the gym.  Then, one of my subscription boxes sent me the White and Elm rose and argan oil and I fell in love with it.  It smells like roses, which I usually don't like, but for some reason it's nice.  The rose reduces redness, which I also have on my cheeks and I've actually found this to work really well at minimizing it.  The price I quoted for the White and Elm is for the full sized product.  The product pictured is my sample from one of my subscription boxes.  The great thing about both of these products is that they can also go onto your hair.


French Lavender and Honey body spray for $14 at Bath and Body Works

I picked up this body spray during a sale a few months ago.  I've used it once or twice and really liked it.  I wanted to use up my perfume first.  This scent lasts longer than perfume.  By the way, while searching for the product to link it above, I found it also comes in a perfume! The madness! I need it!!  I love it so much, still obsessed with lavender scents!  The honey sweetens it up so that it's not obscenely floral.  I've gotten compliments every time I wear this.  With me, scents don't stay for an extended period, so for this to last as long as it does is wonderful.


Diet Snapple Peach Tea for $2.39 at Google Express

Welcome to the world of cold tea.  I've been thinking of buying an iced tea maker but then I'd have to give up this diet peach tea Snapple and I'm just not ready to commit to that yet.  This tea doesn't taste like a diet at all.  I'm not a huge tea drinker, sometimes teas give me heart burn, but this one doesn't.  It's so refreshing and will certainly be my summer drink of choice.  Besides, who hates peach tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment