Saturday, August 15, 2015

Elf Studio Bronzer

Price: $3 on elf

For those of you who haven't heard of elf cosmetics, let's take a minute to explain why I love browsing their website.  Elf stands for eyes lips face and it's a cosmetic and skin care line that is ridiculously affordable.  I mean, my absolute favorite eye shadow is a product from elf that costs $1. That's insane.  Now do their products reflect their cheap price?  Absolutely not.  I have favorites from elf that I haven't been able to find in higher end shops.  But how does this bronzer shape up?


I'm not huge on bronzer.  There's no contouring and highlighting in my makeup routine.  I use it to make my face look less like a ghost after my foundation is applied.  I got this product since my usual bronzer was running out and I thought it'd be nice to only have to spend $3 on a new one.  Besides that, the reviews were AMAZING.  As of this post, on the website it has 4.2/5 stars.  That seems promising.  I, however, am not impressed.

The colors do not stick to the brush or your face.  Look at the picture below and notice the bottom right color.  It has "elf" embedded onto it, but it also has scratches.  That would be me trying to make this product work.  Have you ever had those pressed powders that you feel the need to sort of rake with a fork to get the product to actually leave its home and hang out on the brush?  This was 100% what happened.  


If you can work hard enough at it, you can get it to work for sure.  Maybe I just got a bad shipment or something.  Maybe I'm asking too much to want a product to work without me scratching at it prior to using it every day.  Let's just say I should have spent my $3 on a pack of gum or something.  I won't throw it away quite yet though.  Let's get to the list.

Pros:
Great packaging.  I love the large mirror.
Cheap

Cons:
It's actually only worth $1 in my opinion (because the packaging is great)
Product is too packed
Not pigmented enough

Final judgment--I won't be purchasing this again.  But I won't be giving up on elf.  They have some great products, but they also have some disappointing products.  Luckily, it isn't too expensive to experiment with elf.

No comments:

Post a Comment