Saturday, August 22, 2015

Lush Haul August 2015


Do blogs even do Lush hauls?  Well, this one sure does.  If you know anything about me, you know that I am obsessed with Lush.  I spend probably three full hours a week watching Lush hauls on youtube and shopping online before realizing that it wouldn't be financially smart to spend $150 each week on beauty/bath products.  I only had a few leftover products on my Lush plates so I knew I needed to replenish my Lush supplies.  Read on to find out my first impressions on my haul.



I want to preface everything by saying that I have only previously tried two products that I purchased today, so I don't have any in depth reviews quite yet.  On to the products!!

 

The first product I bought was Fresh Farmacy which, as you can see, I paid $10.13 for.  You can purchase it online for $9.95 here, but I had it cut in shop so I got it a little bit larger.  It's supposed to be used for sensitive skin and has ingredients that soothe dry patches and minimize redness.  I was going back and forth between buying this or buying Coal Face, but their other coal product (Dark Angels) irritated my skin, so I bought Fresh Farmacy instead.  I've never used a bar face soap, so I hope this goes well.  Either way, it smells great because..well..lavender.


 Next, I bought the Atomic Toothy Tabs, which you can get for $4.95 here.  Basically, toothy tabs are solid toothpaste.  You take one of the altoid-sized tabs and crush them between your teeth.  You then take a toothbrush (after wetting it) and brush your teeth like normal and the toothy tabs foam up, using baking soda to clean your teeth.  I would assume these would work great for travel and you don't have to worry about a tube of toothpaste opening up in your luggage or littering up a landfill after you throw it away.  I've already used this once.  These past few weeks, I've found out that one of my toothpastes that I use has been causing a minor chemical burn in my mouth and started to make my gums and lips swell, so I really needed something that wouldn't irritate my mouth as it was healing.  When I want something that won't irritate my skin or gums, I automatically think something natural.  The Atomic toothy tabs taste like cinnamon and it foams really really well.  I had to actually spit out some of the foam to finish brushing.  So far so good.


Moving on, I got the fresh face mask Don't Look At Me which is usually $10.95.  I didn't have to spend money on it because I brought in 5 empty Lush tubs in exchange for a free face mask, which is great.  Unfortunately, you can't purchase this product online because the ingredients are so fresh, it has to remain refrigerated.  But, if you're interested in the ingredients, you can find them here.  Supposedly, it has rice that can be exfoliating.  Honestly, I bought it because the color is beautiful.  I don't have much of an opinion quite yet, but look out for the review.



 Next, I purchased the Charity Pot which you can buy for either $6.95 (which is what I did) or $25.95 depending on the size you want, and you can buy it here.  This is a lotion and 100% of the price (minus taxes) goes to charity.  I bought this because I wanted a lotion from Lush that didn't cost $25 and, of course, charity.  I honestly didn't even smell this before I left the shop.  When I got home, I smelled it and it smells sort of powdery to me, like baby powder but also floral.  I compare it to my lavender scented baby powder.  Either way, it smells clean and fresh and I know I'll like it.


Next, I bought the Twilight bath bomb.  It sells for $6.25 here.  This is one of the products I've used before.  It smells of lavender which is supposed to help you calm down during the twilight hours before you go to bed.  Since it's lavender scented, obviously I love it.  I love the moon and stars that are embossed on the top of the bath bomb.  If I remember correctly, the inside is blue or purple to make the tub look like the sky during twilight.  How unique.


I also picked up Blackberry which sells for $6.35 here.  I've actually never used this bath bomb ad I never thought I would.  It just looks kind of boring and doesn't have that smell that would entice me.  Now that fall is coming closer, the dark berry scent is something I'm drawn to.  Also, I felt bad having been such a huge fan of Lush, but having a list of bath bombs that I've never used.  That just feels wrong.




The last bath bomb I picked up is called Honey Bee and it sells for $6.45 here.  This is another bath bomb that I've never tried.  In late December, I moved to where I live now.  I didn't go to Lush for the first time until the spring collections came out, so I was drawn to the floral, light scents.  This bath bomb smells of honey and toffee and will probably become my go to bath bomb for the fall until the limited edition lines come out.  It sort of reminds me of Honey I Washed My Hair or Pot 'O Gold.  I just hope it doesn't make my bath water look like I had an accident in the tub.


Finally, I purchased French Kiss which can be found for $8.95 here.  French Kiss is a bubble bar that you crumble under running water to make wonderfully scented bubbles and I believe the purple would tint the water in the tub if you used the whole little mountain in one go.  I usually split it up into at least two baths.  I already know I love this and it's in a tie for top bubble bar with Blue Skies And Fluffy White Clouds in my book.  French Kiss, if you couldn't tell from the little stick, smells like lavender.  Why am I so obsessed with lavender?  Anyway, I find this is my one of my favorite bubble bars to use before bed after a stressful day.  It just calms me down and I feel so relaxed and ready to handle anything after I use this.  Plus, it's so freaking cute.


Obviously, this is a long blog post and I spent way too much money.  To be fair, I went into Lush to get my free fresh face mask and I wanted to get another face mask which they happened to be out of.  Hopefully I won't be heading back there until their Halloween collection comes out.  

If you want to see a review on any of these products, be sure to let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment