Sunday, August 9, 2015

Beyond the Zone Rock On Dry Shampoo for Medium-Dark Hair

Price: $7.59 at Sally Beauty

I typically trust any product I get from Sally Beauty.  I dyed my hair with products from there, I used their hair masks to repair damage, I bought my shampoo from Sally's.  Sally's is like my Sephora for my hair.  This product changed my opinion almost entirely.

I was looking for a dry shampoo that would add volume, smell lovely, and clean my day old hair while not leaving that white powder my-hair-is-graying look.  I purchased this because I wanted to see if a more expensive dry shampoo would work even better than my then-current favorite (Suave Professionals for $3.39).  I'd always believed the old "you get what you pay for" saying.

My hopes were high when I saw this was made specifically for medium-dark hair.  Perhaps this would prevent the dreaded white residue that I always struggled with when using other dry shampoos.  I gave this dry shampoo a shot, I really did.  I've used about a third of the can and it just does not do anything for my hair.

Pros:
Nice color of the can

Cons;
Leaves hair greasy
Leaves hair flat
Makes hair look dirtier than it was prior to using
Still leaves residue (not white, but gray is still gross)
Smells like cheaper products

In general, if I dislike a product I purchased, I'd still use it til it's gone.  There's no sense wasting money.  The minute this review is posted, I'm going to introduce this can of 'dry shampoo' to my garbage can.  Perhaps they'll become best friends.

I've read good reviews on this product.  For me, it was terrible.  If you want to try the product, my suggestion is to try a small travel size version (if they even make one) or keep your money.  If I had lit my $7 on fire, I'd get more out of it than I did with this product.  Absolutely awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment