Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Not Your Mothers Sea Salt Spray

Price: $5.99 at Walgreens

After having heard so many good things about the Not Your Mother's brand, I had to pick this up.  The full name is Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray and it is infused with dead sea salt and sea kelp.  So, is it worth it?



This product promises to add texture, waves, and separation to your hair.  I love sea salt sprays, I think they do wonders especially for my hair type.  I have naturally wavy hair, but also naturally frizzy hair (thanks Mom).  I was hoping to find an inexpensive sea salt spray that would tone down the frizz without making my hair look dirty.

This spray smells like coconut which I was not anticipating, but I love it.  It just smells like it's going to moisturize my hair.  Also, can I just say how cute the packaging is?  A lot of my hair products will just live in my linen closet, but this one lives on my bathroom counter.

It worked really well for me.  I spray it on my hair before I leave for work just to tone down the frizz.  I wouldn't say that it will give beach waves to naturally straight hair, but it does add texture and keeps my waves from turning into Monica's hair from Friends when they went to Barbados.  On the back of the bottle, it says that it will add a "lite matte finish" and I think it did that.  My hair hasn't looked oily from this product as it did with a previous sea salt spray.

What I like about the product most is that you can use it on clean, damp, or dry hair.  My last sea salt spray HAD to be used on completely dry hair.  That's so frustrating, especially for someone like me who avoids blow drying my hair like it will light the whole house on fire.  Not with this product.  I can towel dry, spray it in, and know that I will have minimal frizz.  So, time for the list!!

Pros:
Smells great
Fights frizz
Adds texture
Cheap price, good quality
Cute packaging

Cons:
Will not create curls out of thin (h)air
Probably won't work with blow drier

Is it worth it?  I think if you're out of sea salt spray, then yes.  If you still have a full bottle, there's no reason to just set your current product ablaze and run out to get this one.  Will I repurchase? Yes. I think for $5.99, it's 100% worth it and I use it every single day that my hair isn't pulled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment