Friday, October 16, 2015

Benefit Roller Lash



Price: $24 at Sephora or Ulta

I know, I know, $24 is a lot of money to spend on mascara.  But just hear me out.  This is unlike any mascara you've ever used. Ever. Trust me. Since using this product, I haven't curled my lashes one time.  After hearing rave reviews of this product from such beauty vloggers as Zoella and Sprinkle of Glitter, I decided to treat myself and in turn, give you my own take on this product.




First, let's discuss what this product promises.  According to Ulta's description of this product, it promises to visibly lift and curls lashes, make eyes look more open, be water resistant, easy to remove, and last 12 hours.  We'll go through each of the promises now!  Look at the shape of the brush. (Is it brush? Wand? You know what I mean.)  If you can tell, the top has small bristles and the bristles get longer near the bottom.  The suggested method of application is to start with the smaller bristles near the base of the lashes.  Then, wiggle and roll the wand as you coat the entirety of your lashes.  This takes a little practice, but by the end of the week you'll feel like you were born with this wand/brush in your hand.  I believe the shape of this applicator is the reason your lashes look lifted and curled.  I don't know for sure, I'm not a scientist, but the unique shape of the bristles does definitely help.  Naturally, with lifted and curled lashes, your eyes will look more open, so I believe that claim as well.

Is it water resistant?  Mmm, not so much.  Not for me at least.  It's definitely not water proof.  Just try and leave your mascara on while you're showering and tell me you don't come out looking like Raccoon Girl, ready to fight the world one eye mask at a time!  It hasn't smudged in the rain or from yawn-tears quite yet.  It's hard for me to judge this quality because I don't lead a life where clowns are spraying me in the face every day.  Even in the rain, I have a good umbrella, so I guess I can't judge that.  What I can say is that I've been using this product for about 6 months and I've only really had trouble with it in the shower or while watching Marley and Me.

Is it easy to remove?  Is any water resistant mascara easy to remove?  Well, this one isn't horrible.  I have no problem getting this off in a number of ways.  On my best days, I use an eye makeup remover.  You know, the usual ones, where there's oil mixed with probably water in a container and you have to shake it up before every use.  Comes off like a dream. Probably the easiest time I've ever had removing a mascara.  On my less-than-stellar days, I remove my makeup with baby wipes or makeup wipes. It doesn't come off as easily as with the makeup remover, but I don't have to scrub to get it off.  Last, on my most lazy days, I wash it off with water and a wash cloth.  Again, it's not water proof.  Haven't had an issue getting it off that way either.  I haven't felt the crusty-eyelash feeling I'm so used to from other mascaras.  If it helps, I'm used to using various Cover Girl mascaras.  I don't know their exact names. I just know they're the waterproof versions of the orange one, the green one, the black one, and the white one.  Each of those were more difficult to take off than the Benefit Roller Lash.

Lastly, does it last 12 hours?  Yes. I have never had to reapply this mascara.  I've never had to curl my lashes with it, I don't have to struggle removing it at the end of the night, the packaging is freaking adorable, it makes me look awake even if I've only had 3 hours of sleep, and I'm still on my first tube after 6 months. Yes, $24 is a lot of money, but it lasts a long time and my lashes feel a lot more healthy using it.  Finally, I'll leave you with a picture of what one coat looks like on my eye.  Note, it is buildable and you  can get Zoella's full, luscious lashes with this product.  I prefer a more natural look.  (I might also note I did not wear any eye liner with this look which cuts my makeup time down in the morning.  Always a bonus.)


No comments:

Post a Comment