Friday, October 9, 2015

Lush-Lord of Misrule


Price: $6.95 at Lush.

Everybody hold onto your loofas, Lush has released it's Halloween and Christmas collection.  I'm hoping they release more for Christmas (why no melted snowman bath melt?!) but for now we have so many products to get through.  Let's focus today on a fan favorite, Lord of Misrule bath bomb.  As many of you know, I was introduced to Lush this past January so you're going to get a newbie's impression of their holiday collection this year.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about Lord of Misrule.  I've almost heard as many praises for this product as I have for Snow Fairy from the Christmas collection.  Either way, I was going into this particular bath a little wary.  I'd heard nothing but great things about the Comforter bubble bar, after all, but I honestly didn't like the scent.  So would the same thing happen with Lord of Misrule?  No...no no no no no.

Lord of Misrule is green on the outside but is filled with a red wine colored center that includes popping candies.  It is made with patchouli oil and has a slight, but not overpowering spicy scent.  Can we just take a moment to bask in the beautiful color of this bath bomb??


I try not to look up demos of bath bombs before I use them because I like the surprise and holy toothy tabs, batman, did this have surprises!  I expected just a green bath bomb.  When it started turning burgundy, I was delighted.  When the candies inside started popping, I was wondering where the surprises would end.  

One thing I'm always scared about with bath bombs is the possibility of it dying my tub.  I haven't really had that problem with Lush products (save the Blackberry bath bomb, but it wasn't so bad), it's more of a trained fear from my childhood when bath oils I'd been given for Christmas dyed my new bath tub cranberry red.  Not even bleach would get that off.  So there was a fear when the red wine color came out that I would need to hurriedly grab my Magic Eraser and scrub scrub scrub.  There was no need, this didn't even so much as leave a maroon film on my tub.  

Will I purchase this again?  Obviously...I already have.  Will I be stocking up as this is limited edition?  Maybe. Bath bombs can get expensive, just ask my bank account.  But I will definitely suggest you try this out if you want a relaxing, warming bath time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment