Monday, September 7, 2015

Candied Caramel Pecan Candle


Price: $3.97 at Walmart.*
*Note that this is only available in stores (ie not online) and prices may vary.  Follow the link and add your zip code to find out the cost at your store.

I love candles, I really do.  I also love matching candles to the seasons that they work best in.  I love peppermint candles in the winter and lilac candles in the spring and melon candles in the summer.  In the fall, there's so many different candles to choose from.  I kid you not, I found 6 different types of "pumpkin" candles at Walmart.  Six!  Who knew pumpkins could smell so different!  But if you aren't into the typical pumpkin scent yet still want your home to smell like fall farted all over it, this may be the candle for you.



I knew the candle smelled so familiar, but I don't normally pop some candied caramel pecans in the microwave...or stove...or oven.  Let's face it, I know how to make pizza and noodles and that's pretty much my culinary limit.  So why did it smell so much like home?  Then it hit me...

This smells 100% like French toast.  It's got that hint of cinnamon, but it's creamier than that.  If you like cinnamon, but you don't like to be punched in the face by the scent, this may be perfect.  The only issue I really have with it is that I'm cutting back on my bread intake and this has me craving French toast like nobody's business.

Other bonuses not including the specific scents includes just the power of this candle.  I have a three wick candle that I bought from Target that is supposed to smell like spiced oranges.  It works...in my tiny bathroom.  In my medium sized living room, it can't hold its own.  However, this single wick candle spreads the scent throughout my whole house without being overpowering.  I don't know if it's just the brand or just this specific candle, but I love it.  I love it so much that even though I have vowed to never shop at Walmart again (personal reasons), when I found myself breaking that vow for a cheap tea kettle, I had to stock up on two more candles from this brand.  It's my one regret from leaving Walmart behind in the dust...no other candle brand has the staying power as this one.  Why do you only have to be sold at my least favorite store, candle company, WHY?!

The candle is almost gone and I'm afraid I'll have to boil vanilla almond milk mixed with honey and cinnamon to get this scent back in my house.  Why do you have to be so amazing, candle?  Why have you set the bar so high?  It honestly is a problem.  I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment