Thursday, September 3, 2015

Nude Lipsticks


It's that time of the year again.  Time to break out the nude lipstick and rock it like the fall will never end!  But finding the right shade is torture (figuratively, I hope).  I've felt the struggle and I've found some products on my own and with some help that are great.  I'm going to focus on my three favorite nude lipsticks that range from expensive, affordable, and downright cheap.  They're all relatively similar colors, but if you'd like to see the swatches, read on!


We'll go from most expensive to most affordable...


Product: Le Rouge Givenchy, shade 105 Brun Vintage
Price: $36 at Sephora.

This swatch is from one swipe.  I love this product because it's very pigmented and has staying power.  I love the scent of it as well.  This was the product that I had help with.  I went to Sephora and begged for a highly pigmented nude lipstick that would match my skin tone without washing me out.  I made the mistake of not even asking what the price was before I bought it.  Looking at my receipt gave me heart palpitations, but I'll be honest...I don't regret it.  This shade is great for me for work.  I have worn this every day to work since I bought it.  Will I buy it again?  Maybe...I feel like it will last so long since I don't need to waste product building it up.  If you have the money to throw at a lipstick, this is a great brand.  If you think I'm insane for spending a credit card payment on a lipstick, I have a more affordable option next....


Product: Revlon Super Luscious Lipstick in shade 463 Sassy Mauve
Price: $7.99 at Ulta.

I love Revlon lipsticks.  I have maybe four of them right now and I do truly love this one.  It goes on so evenly.  This is a one coat application.  It looks purple on my hand, but it meshes with the lip tone to make a beautiful cool-toned nude lipstick.  It feels moisturizing as well.  However, for the cheap price, there will always be trade offs.  You'll have to reapply this throughout the day (especially after lunch) but it's not obscenely transferable.  You expect to reapply, so that's not too bad for the price.  And if $8 still makes you nervous, I have one final great product....


Product: Maybelline Color Whisper in shade 80 Made-It Mauve
Price: $1.41 on Amazon.

From what I hear, this product is no longer available on shelves.  I could be wrong, but I at least found it for under $2 on amazon, which I think is great.  I think this is a great, buildable lip color.  For this swatch, I did 2-3 layers to make it this pigmented, but it still holds is own again the Givenchy and Revlon pigmentation.  It's definitely more glossy than the other two, but I'm so drawn to this color.  It never hurts when the packaging is adorable.  As expected, it wears off relatively easily.  The only one with great staying power is the Givenchy lipstick, which you would still need to recheck after eating or drinking.  I feel like this Maybelline lip color is the most moisturizing.  I may be buying it on amazon right now just to make sure I don't run out.

What are your favorite nude lip sticks?  Leave a comment below to let me know what you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment