Sunday, September 20, 2015

Don't Look At Me

Price: $10.95 at Lush*

*Note: Only sold in stores

Lush fresh face masks are usually good.  I've tried probably four different ones with my favorite so far being either BB Seaweed or Oatifix.  Now that Lush is coming out with many new products, they introduced two new face masks.  I've only tried Don't Look At Me, but how does it stack up?




First, can we just talk about this color?  It's beautiful, and it shows up really well on instagram by the way.  From looking at it, you would think it would have an ice blue scent, but it doesn't.  It smells more like a lemon starburst.  It's not as creamy as some of their other face masks, it absolutely feels less thick.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing.  If you are battling oil issues or you just want a face mask that doesn't feel as heavy, this is one you should try.

What I love most about it is the rice.  My skin is very sensitive so there's some products that I just can't handle.  Ocean Salt hurt so bad and actually broke through my skin.  I wasn't even scrubbing hard, but I washed it off to find a bleeding forehead.  Next, I tried Dark Angels and my skin burned so bad.  I just have that skin that just wants to say "Hey, remember how you wanted to take care of me? Yeah, that was a cute idea, I'm gonna bleed on you now."  The rice in Don't Look At Me is perfect because it's exfoliating, but not rough.

I was also afraid that the lemon would leave my skin so dry, but they added murumuru butter which left my skin feeling hydrated.  It didn't feel overly hydrated.  I definitely did not wipe it off and think that there was some oily film over my face, but I also didn't experience that tight, squeaky clean feeling that I detest.

Overall, I think it's a great, uplifting face mask that is perfect for the summer.  I probably won't use it in the winter as I live in a colder area and my skin tends to get wind burned, so I'll need a thicker face mask that's more gentle and hydrating.  For the summer, though, I will definitely reach for this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment